Intermediate-Senior Electrical Design Engineer
E3 Consulting Engineers
An exciting opportunity for an Intermediate, Senior Engineer to join our friendly and growing Building Services Engineering practice based in Bristol, specialising in low energy buildings.
E3 Consulting Engineers is a dynamic building services design practice at the forefront of low energy building design, working in a range of industry sectors. We deliver diverse, award winning projects, our current projects include low and zero-carbon buildings, residential schemes, and low energy retrofit of existing and heritage buildings. We are twice winners of the CIBSE Performance Awards for our work on low energy Passivhaus building and we work with nationally recognised architectural practices throughout the country.
About the role
You will be a key part of the team, client facing, delivering engineering designs for buildings from concept level to completion, achieving outstanding results. Responsibilities include:
• Designing electrical systems for multiple projects at various stages
• Produce drawings in 2D and 3D design using Autocad and Revit.
• Preparation of reports and specifications
• Engage with design teams and clients during design phase of projects
• Monitor progress on site, taking a leading role during commissioning and handover
• Coordinating with multidisciplinary teams.
• Supervising graduate and assistant engineers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• CEng - Chartered membership of a professional institution (or be working towards this)
• BEng or MEng degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant subject
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of designing electrical systems for buildings.
• Knowledge and experience working on sustainable projects and be up to date with emerging technologies such as battery storage, photovoltaics and EV charging design.
• Interest in responding to the climate emergency by providing low carbon engineering solutions.
• Effective communication skills
• If applying for a senior role, you should be acting as the lead engineer on projects with a view to taking on increasing management and leadership responsibilities.
• Be motivated, practically minded, independent, enthusiastic, and personable.
• A fluent user of Microsoft Office
• Competence in software such as Amtech, Autocad, Revit, IES or Dialux
• Willingness to learn and develop.
• Interest in supporting/training junior engineers.
What we offer
We are a supportive employer with an excellent reputation. We can provide a career full of exciting challenges in a growing business with opportunities for development and progression. Benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave plus Bank holidays, with options to purchase additional days
• Flexible and hybrid working
• Pension scheme
• Life insurance
• Performance bonus scheme
• Socials and away-days
• Training and support towards becoming a chartered engineer and professional membership, if required
• Mentoring scheme.
How to apply
Please send your CV below. Your CV should tell us about yourself, your experience, hopes and ambitions, and what inspires you. The closing date for applications: 23 June 2023.
What happens next
Your application will be reviewed, and we will get in touch with suitable applicants within one week of the closing date. Interviews will be arranged at a time to suit you and decisions will be made promptly. Interviews will take place week commencing 3rd July 2023. We look forward to hearing from you.