About the Role
Base Location: Reading
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
To provide support and guidance to the Cyber Risk & Information Security (CRIS) Consulting Manager. Responsibilities include administration assistance planning, monitoring, reporting & process document management. It includes administration for outsourced supply contracts and managed service contracts. The role also provides support for the Security Consulting Customer portfolio management with some direct SSE internal customer interaction.
1. Administration Assistance for the Security Consulting Manager
- Carry out day-to-day activities for delivery core functions including collation of RAID, resource and planning data, and MI.
- Provide secretariat services including meeting logistics, preparation of minutes, and following up on actions. Adhere to all reporting standards and instigate improvements where identified.
- Provide support and guidance to delivery managers in tracking their budgets. Monitor compliance with reporting / financial standards and intervene when this deviates or slips.
2. Monitoring, reporting and process maintenance
- Manage production and consolidation of reports, using appropriate templates and meeting all relevant deadlines.
- Maintain existing departmental and Portfolio Office policies and procedures.
- Support the CISO and Security Consulting Manager in the update and improve delivery methodologies, work instructions, policies, standards and procedures.
3. Assist Administration of the Project security consulting project portfolio
- Support CISO and Security Consulting Manager with day to day running of project governance processes and support the Portfolio Coordinator and Portfolio Lead when required.
- Support all Delivery Managers and Delivery Leads with the identification, tracking and reporting progress against product roadmaps (including objectives and key results).
4. Supplier Collaboration and Supplier Management assistance
- Admin for all outsourced supply contracts and liaise with suppliers and large managed service contract in respect of commercial engagement and/or billing enquiries.
- Maintain documentation sign off records and work with relevant stakeholders to action and record relevant financial and governance information.
- Help protect SSE from cyber attack and data loss by following standards and instructions and by reporting risks and incidents.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Organised approach. Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Have experience of working at a responsible level in a Programme Management Office. Be familiar with project management methodologies and the full project lifecycle.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and implement innovative and effective business improvements.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating. Strong written and oral communication skills.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.