MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Guidance, Control and Navigation within the Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) / Tempest team are hiring!Salary
: Dependant on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Annual bonus
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus additional holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Predominately office basedThe opportunity:
Applications are encouraged for the role of: GCN Team Lead Effect Management.
The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers who develop and maintain algorithms for the next generation of Air Domain Weapon Systems including FCAS/Tempest.
This includes the development of algorithms for Autonomous Systems, Intelligent Systems, and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
The role will act as the GCN technical interface for the algorithm team in managing relationships with internal stakeholders and partners companies and to develop new partnerships with external companies.
We developing ground breaking technological innovations and our Engineers play a meaningful role through the development of our complex weapon systems in all stages of the lifecycle.
We believe strongly in people and team development and there are opportunities to develop your career across a range of futures such as a technology specialist or functional/project manager.What we're looking for:Required:
- You will have strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience algorithms development
- Experience of leading a team
- A keen curiosity about innovative technologies and their applications
- Relevant degree qualification or equivalent experience in a subject with mathematical content (e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics)
- Relevant PhD/ Post-Doctoral experience is beneficial
- Experience of algorithm research and / or product development and support is beneficial
- Experience working with eternal partners
- Domain knowledge such as Command and Control, Dynamic Systems, Sensors, and Autonomous Systems or similar technical knowledge is beneficial
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.