MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £55,000 - £60,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to 21.25% of basic salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. The role is 37 hours per week with flexi-start and finish times. There is the opportunity to work from home as part of dynamic working arrangements in line with the needs of the business. Typically 4 days on site.The opportunity:
You will play a key role in being part of the manufacturing organisation that ensures that the industrial validation (both internally and externally) is optimised. This is to ensure that MBDA has all of the necessary controls in place to produce missiles and systems to rate, cost and quality consistently.
Your role will involve investigating new approaches and techniques to industrial validation and their potential application within the specialised Defence sector of MBDA.
You will be instrumental in driving change in the business, implementing IV improvements and ensuring that lessons learned from previous issues encountered are acted upon to prevent future re-occurrence.
Key in ensuring that IV is applied correctly both internally and also externally into the supply chain. Provide support to supplier assessments and drive improvements to areas of risk identified
Provide direction to the development of the skills and training required by the Manufacturing and Industrial Engineers to ensure that IV is fully understood and adopted across the Business Units.
What we're looking for from you:
- To act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Industrial Validation to ensure that the Industrial Validation process is applied consistently across the Manufacturing areas.
- Managing Industrial Validation activities such as Process FMEAs, Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) assessments, Production Readiness Reviews
- Identify potential industrial risks and ensure that robust corrective actions are in place.
- Manage risks to closure. Escalate critical risks are addressed using the company risk tool.
- Collaborative working across functions to monitor, evaluate and report on the development and validation of manufacturing systems; tracking progress against industrial validation plans, maintaining Industrial Dashboards.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of Manufacturing Inspection and Test architectures and processes in line agree manufacturing plans.
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject OR
- BEng in relevant Engineering Degree
- Considerable experience within manufacturing to allow assessment of internal and external manufacturing facilities for compliance to the industrial validation (IV) requirements of MBDA.
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing systems with the ability to highlight areas of risk to the internal and external supply chain from an IV perspective.
- In depth knowledge of the design and manufacturing interface and the key phase gates in the process
- A good understanding of Supply Chain principles, practices and processes.
- Good commercial and financial understanding.
- Good Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.