MBDA is a leading defence organisation.We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.What we can offer:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Salary £40,000 to £75,000 (DOE)
- Generous bonus structure
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking.
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.Software Technical LeadThe Opportunity
Test Software UK work to deliver the MBDA UK test capability in partnership with colleagues in Electronic Design, the Test Centre of Excellence and other areas of Software Engineering.
Our mission as a function is to facilitate robust and timely test of missile systems and ensure MBDA continues to provide a decisive military capability for our home nations and their allies.
Spanning a diverse portfolio of work packages, Test Software UK directly influences the company's product certification, manufacturing output and support activities. Specifically, Test Software UK are responsible for developing and supporting software packages that utilise Test Equipment hardware to configure, verify and validate the conformance and quality of our MBDA UK product range from development, through production and into field test scenarios.
It is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team specialising in all aspects of test solution design, including software, hardware, simulation and real-time systems. It is great a place to learn about the company's entire product portfolio, whilst embracing the change to DevOps and other innovative technologies!
Join us as a Software Technical Lead
and take our technology and your career into new territories.What are we looking for?
A software team leader who can build impactful teams and create strong working relations with the multi-disciplined project environments within which we work. This will involve:
- Act as Software Design Authority by ensuring quality standards are met while giving technical guidance and mentorship to the team.
- Lead, empower and draw the best from a team.
- Work with members of the Group to identify potential improvement opportunities and support their implementation.
- Maintain and communicate the current project schedule, coordinating with the team to meet delivery milestones and prioritise as needed.
- Be responsible for generation of quarterly team work load forecasts.
- Liaise directly with both internal and external customers.
- Have an awareness of allocated project budgets and ensure that they are used efficiently.
- Support the creation of project and release documentation.
We're a wonderful place to learn. You'll be supported to hone your skills across the full development lifecycle - working with unique technologies to support some of the world's most advanced defence systems.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note:
MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply.
As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.