Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £40,000 - £55,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and lots more!
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2-3 days onsite and the remainder home working.The opportunity:
Are you a skilled Electrical/ Electronic Equipment Manager? Or keen to develop your skills and understanding within the defence industry?
Come and join us to work on the next generation of missile defence systems and be focused on the future, enabling MBDA to provide world-leading defence capabilities.
Due to ambitious growth, we are seeking a number of experienced people to join our hugely dedicated Electrical Architecture team.
This role is to manage equipment, along with all that relates to it including being the equipment requirement authority (ERA), in support of the project - this is not a people management role.Your role will involve:
- Project manage delivery of electrical/electronic equipment during development, qualification and manufacture
- Manage project relationship with internal & external design authorities/customers for delivery of the equipment hardware, software and work to schedule, cost, quality and performance
- Produce Statement(s) of Work and review qualification verification evidence
- Track and resolve non-compliances
- Arrange design reviews with appropriate partners
- Control of assigned budget(s) and work package management
- Handle risks and opportunities
As part of the encouraging and collaborative team, you will receive a range of support and career development with a hugely dedicated group of people around you. UK or international travel may be required to suppliers, customers, and other MBDA sites in Europe.What we're looking for from you:
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent qualification with experience in electrical/electronic engineering or a related subject (e.g. physics, data communications, EMC, etc.)Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.