SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Foyers
Salary: £31,339 - £35,892 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
The multi-disciplined team in the Great Glen is responsible for the day to day operation, maintenance, and repair of our Hydro Generation plant to ensure it is kept in a safe and efficient state. As an important member of the operations and maintenance team you will perform a key role in the safe operation and maintenance of the Hydro Generation assets.
Key duties will include:
- Carrying out electrical maintenance activities but also mechanical maintenance activities to defect rectification, repair work and designated project work.
- You will also be involved in carrying out routine inspections and checks to ensure our equipment and fixed plant is kept to a high standard of operational effectiveness.
- You'll carry out risk assessments, plus environmental and safety inspections and will receive training to operate fixed Generation plant.
- Working closely with other team members and report operational defects as they arise.
- Due to the nature of the role you may, from time to time, be required to work outside in all weather conditions and it may be necessary to carry out work out of normal working hours when required.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you will be a practical person with the ability to work as part of a team and able to communicate effectively as you will be interacting with the public and people at all levels of the business. We would also love you to bring;
- Applicants must have an electrical or multi skilled craftsperson background, and should ideally have previous experience of working on heavy rotating machinery.
- You will be required to have a minimum qualification of NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds or equivalent craft apprenticeship certificates.
- A good level of computer literacy and we'll train you to use our inhouse maintenance scheduling and reporting software.
- A highly flexible attitude to all aspects of work in the section. The ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues is essential.
- A full driving licence is essential, and a first aid qualification would be advantageous.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Douglas on on 01738 275199.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.