Bolton MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £41,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as a 60/40 split. The role is 37 hours per week with flexi-start and finish times. There is the opportunity to work from home as part of dynamic working arrangements.The opportunity:
An exciting new opportunity has become available within the New Product Introduction (NPI) team for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join the team.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will be supporting the Principal Manufacturing Engineer in delivering the Manufacturing System and processes for various new complex products, from concept phase through to pre-qualification, ensuring the product designed, can be manufactured and tested. You will be working closely with our Producibility Engineers and Technical Experts as well as design Teams to achieve this.
There may also be opportunities for you to get hands on and build non-functioning or lab use only products. This helps develop our processes before using on deliverable hardware.
You will be joining a high performing team comprising not only Manufacturing Engineers but Producibility Engineers, Business Cost Forecasting and Technical Experts covering areas such as Test, RF & CCA's.
We are open to applications from both Mechanical and Electrical/CCA backgrounds.What we're looking for from you:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject
- A detailed knowledge of current Manufacturing Engineering Tools,
- Good Planning and Organising skills to ensure multiple tasks are prioritised and monitored to deliver set objectives,
- Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation,
- Negotiating and influencing skills,
- Analytical and problem solving skills,
- Attention to detail.
The role will provide many stimulating challenges and personal development opportunities. MBDA values its employee's personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects, the opportunity exists to create both movement and development opportunities across the Manufacturing Engineering Function as we begin on our journey to embrace Functional excellence.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.