MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £45,000 - £55,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to £2,000 per year
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking (and gym on site at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. This role requires on-site working in Bristol for the majority, due to security considerations and teamwork.The opportunity:
An exciting and challenging role has become available in the Aerodynamics team, where you will be involved in the aerodynamic design, characterisation and assessment of missile airframes, from early concept design through to in-service support and integration onto platforms. You will be part of a team of specialist engineers, working at the cutting-edge of missile aerodynamics.
The role is a unique opportunity to work with a broad range of hugely challenging flow regimes and covers free-flight aerodynamics, intake design, propulsion sub-system installation and the integration of our missiles onto air, land and sea platforms. The role presents the opportunity to use a range of CFD tools and methods, as well as in-house performance analysis tools. You may also be involved in wind tunnel testing and the assessment of trials results.
In joining the Aerodynamics department, you will also be a part of multi-functional teams within MBDA, collaborating with systems design, mechanical design, thermal analysis, simulation & modelling and guidance, navigation & control, as well as potentially working with external organisations such as the MOD, other aerospace companies & academia.What we're looking for from you:
- In-depth technical knowledge of Aerodynamics & Performance, ideally with experience of high speed flows or aircraft integration
- A desire to get involved in innovative product development, with a proven record of delivering results to time, cost and quality
- Experience using a range of CFD methods (steady and/or unsteady, RANS and/or DES)
- Excellent collaboration, communication and influencing skills
- Experience with a programming/scripting language, such as Matlab or Python, would be beneficial
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.