Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
circa £50,000 dependent on experienceHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as three days in the office and two days at home, depending on work activities. The opportunity:
Sea Viper is the weapon system on the Royal Navy's Type-45 Destroyers. It has been in service for over ten years and is now undergoing a number of upgrades to ensure it continues to perform as required but also to extend its capabilities. The Multi-Function Radar (MFR) provides the surveillance and target tracking role within the weapon engagement lifecycle and communicates with the missiles in flight.
The role of MFR Focal Point within the Systems team is to provide the lead on the radar elements within the different upgrade and enhancement programmes in the Sea Viper project. You will work closely with the MFR Design Authority to:
- Progress the radar requirements and interface documents;
- Use your developed knowledge of the radar design to support the resolution of design queries, which may include the conduct of/support to technical studies;
- Support the preparation and/or conduct of technical design reviews;
- Reviewing test/qualification evidence to support demonstration of compliance against requirements;
- Develop the compliance matrices and verification plans.
You will work with the Customer to:
- Resolve technical queries/questions raised by the customer related to the radar;
- Agree the qualification evidence as it becomes available;
- Produce the final collated evidence dossier once all the evidence has been agreed.
You will support the wider project with trials activities, including readiness reviews and trials conduct, depending on your knowledge and experience at the time. Trials are expected to be conducted at a number of sites in the UK, including on the T45 platform.
You will join a welcoming and sociable Systems team who strive to work together with the wider Sea Viper project teams to overcome challenges together. What we're looking for from you:
- Knowledge and experience of radars
- Knowledge and experience of systems engineering, specifically requirements management and verification and validation
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.