Exciting Opportunity in a World-Class Facility in the French Countryside!
Are you looking for a unique and rewarding career opportunity? AWE is currently seeking a skilled Gas Technician to join our team at the EPURE facility in Dijon, France. EPURE is a groundbreaking facility, the first of its kind worldwide, and this is your chance to collaborate with our esteemed French colleagues and be part of something extraordinary!
Location: Reading/ France - Dijon Area
Salary: £33,770- £48,000 (depending upon skills & experience)
This role will initially be based in the UK with the expectation that the employee (once visas are approved) will move to France for an assignment of up to 5 years. At the end of the assignment, the employee will be re-deployed back to the UK.
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work).
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time.
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services.
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution).
- Life Assurance.
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending savings.
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
The working pattern for EPURE is 5 days a week, whilst at AWE the working pattern is based on a nine-day fortnight with every other Friday off.
As part of the EPURE UK Trial management team, you will be responsible for operating the two gas management systems. This is an essential role at EPURE, requiring the technician to condition a Vessel and Device gas systems in readiness of Hydrodynamic Trial.
The Vessel Gas Management system (VGMS) is used to condition a vessel to ensure the appropriate pressure cascades are set up and are maintained ahead of a Trial and to make safe a vessel following a trial.
The Device Gas Management system (DGMS) is used to prepare a device with an appropriate gas mixture.
- Ensuring the DGMS and VGMS are maintained and available to support a Hydrodynamic Trial.
- Detailed knowledge of design, operation, service, and maintenance.
- Makes decisions on how to deliver tasks, drawing on your technical knowledge to solve problems or seek help where needed.
- Follows established technical processes and equipment operating instructions and communicates ideas on process improvements.
- Delivery of own technical objectives to time and quality.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security, and quality and be a great team player.
- Provide hands on support for UK Trials at EPURE to operate the DGMS and VGMS.
- Development of Safe Systems of Work and Work instructions.
- Support commissioning, Site acceptance tests, installation, qualification, and other trial readiness activities.
- Acquire and maintain the necessary competencies to perform this role.
- Develop awareness of team, function and company processes and technical capabilities.
- Participates in collaborative working relationships as part of a team (internal/external).
- Ensures technical equipment is maintained and operated appropriately and risks are appropriately communicated.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- HND/NVQ level 4 in mechanical engineering, technology, or science related discipline
- Knowledge and/or experience in Gas system and Vacuum technology
- Data Capture techniques
Candidates must be willing and able to:
- Operate in workplaces of substantial hazard (radiological, explosive, toxic).
- Comfortable with working in the defence industry in support of the UK nuclear deterrent.
- Willing to relocate to France and live within 1 hour of the Valduc site and be permanently located in France for up to 5 years.
- Undertake secondary roles for the UK Senior Technical operator in support of UK operations.
- The ability to communicate in the French Language is essential for this role. Whilst training will be provided, if required , it should be recognised that significant personal commitment and self-study will be required to reach the required level. The candidate will need to reach DELF A2 ahead of deployment to work in the high hazard area.
- Fit to wear respirator and work in a radiation-controlled area.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.