AWE presents an exciting opportunity for passionate candidates like you! Join our dynamic team as a Manufacturing Engineer in the thrilling realm of Plasma Physics, right at the heart of our prestigious Orion Laser Facility. Get ready to immerse yourself in ground-breaking projects that shape the future of science and hold a crucial role in the UK's defence program. Your expertise and enthusiasm will be invaluable in this extraordinary journey. Don't miss out on this extraordinary chance to make a difference- we eagerly await your application!
Location - Reading area
Package - £26,200 - £37,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 22nd June 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
The role within our Target Fabrication team will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work within our scientific & engineering teams in support of AWE wider programmes, applying engineering methods, tools & processes to engineering tasks. Deliver engineering solution that will maximise productivity, reliability, innovation, and quality to the business to support high energy density plasma physics experiments on laser facilities around the world.
What will you be responsible for?
- Assist the delivery of engineering solutions that meet safety and performance requirements.
- Comply with the design intent across the full engineering lifecycle, to a high standard.
- Plan and execute basic task to deliver agreed objectives to time requirements, quality, and cost.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security, and quality
- Support senior manufacturing engineer to deliver the programme of work
- Take ownership of own training and development.
- The company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
What will you need to be considered?
- Attention to detail must be demonstrable
- A willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of MS programmes
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.