About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow or Aberdeen
Salary: Up To £56,000 (DOE) + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible Working options available
What is the Role
Due to the continuing growth of our business and increase in the size of our portfolio, SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for a Planning Engineer to join our ever-growing team. Hybrid working with a split between home and office is available for this role to support your work/life balance.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Planning projects within Transmission, including producing and managing programmes. You will have practical field experience with planning & scheduling.
- Provide planning support across the full project lifecycle.
- Produce and maintain client perspective programmes that support the project work processes, milestones and deadlines.
- Liaise with project teams, contractors, site management and commercial teams throughout the project lifecycle to effectively report on project progress.
- Provide reporting and feedback to project and business group management that are appropriate to the project needs and the client requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience in using (Primavera P6) on Large Capital Projects
- Desirable awareness of NEC3 Contract management, but not essential
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Standard Microsoft 365 Office Suite
- A can-do attitude focused on contributing to a positive working environment
The successful candidate would be expected to travel between different SSE offices/project sites, with the occasional overnight stay. Therefore, a driving licence is required.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
What's in it for you?
Generous 34 days holiday entitlement
Holiday Plus (buy up to 10 days additional holidays)
Discounted Retail and Leisure vouchers
Employee Share Scheme
Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
Salary Sacrifice car leasing
"Be the difference day" (opportunity to take one day leave a year to volunteer for their chosen organisation/charity)
View our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on / 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.