MBDA is a leading defence organisation.We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to 27% of base salary
- Car allowance of £3,600
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more!
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3 days per week on site and the remainder remotely.The opportunity:
An opportunity exists for an experienced, ambitious and delivery-focused engineer to join MBDA working as Senior Lead Architect on the SPEAR Product Team. The successful candidate will join the business at a crucial point and be responsible for the Mechanical Architecture for a number of new product variants.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivery on time, on cost and on quality of objectives
- Leading and developing a successful team of approximately 10 Mechanical Architects.
- Management of a large and sophisticated work break down structure and associated budget
- Leading the definition of the optimum mechanical architecture for all SPEAR Missile and Launcher variants
- Hold wide influence across the project and support this with a high level of technical skill and experience
- Share a point of view to advice on both project strategic direction and emergent, tactical issues.
- Contribute to Functional management
This is a highly visible role which will require a broad range of technical, programme and people leadership skills. As such, it would offer an ideal development path for someone wanting to work towards a Chief Design Engineer position.
The individual will be co-located within the project team at Stevenage and will report daily to the SPEAR Chief Design Engineer. Functional support will be provided by Head of Mechanical Architecture.What we're looking for from you:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with significant relevant working experience, ideally across some or all of the following areas: Mechanical Design, Stress/Thermal analysis, Mechanical and Climatic Environments, Product Qualification and Certification, Project Management, Team leadership.
- Proven leadership skills and a willingness to be held responsible for objective delivery.
- Well-developed customer leadership skills; capable of forging and managing relationships and influencing at all levels.
- Delivery-focused with a passion to achieve success.
- Experience of defining, developing and delivering complex system mechanical architectures.
- Application of appropriate personal behaviours including self-motivation, initiative, leadership, adaptability, planning and organisation.
Note that training will be provided to support you in delivery of the role and ensure your ongoing technical and personal developmentOur Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.