MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Circa £58,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2-3 days a week on-site. This is flexible and can be more or less to suit personal circumstance and project needs. We are also open to considering a compressed hours working pattern in this role.The opportunity:
Are you an electronics design engineer with experience of planning and team management?
Can you inspire others, drive innovation and encourage collaboration? We are looking for an electronics design engineer to contribute to the design of high-integrity, complex systems for our cutting-edge products, with the capability to support process improvement and the day to day resource management of a small team of less experienced engineers
As one of our Firing Units Team Leaders, you will use your extensive and current electronic engineering experience to lead a team responsible for designing the electronic equipment required to safely, reliably and efficiently integrate MBDA products into our platforms.
The Firing Units team is responsible for circuit design, prototyping, testing and integration/design proving of hardware needed for Launch Management systems, datalink and communications systems, as well as providing embedded computing resources for larger Command and Control systems.What we're looking for from you:
- Significant Electronic Design or Power Electronics specific experience.
- Significant experience leading teams is desirable, but we would welcome a passionate, committed emerging leader looking to take their next steps.
- Ideally, degree qualified with post qualification experience in Electronic Design, development and delivery.
- A willingness to challenge how we do things and bring fresh, new ideas.
- Experience of managing budgets and resources to ensure delivery on time, on cost.
- Experience in leading significant electronic design packages.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with multiple stakeholders.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.