Continuous Improvement Specialist
7 days left
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
Continuous Improvement Specialist - Warwick
Contribute to the highest standards of health, safety and environmental performance
As a Continuous Improvement Specialist you will be supporting the deployment and embedding of a culture of continuous improvement to deliver business strategy and improved business performance across the National Grid Gas Transmission Operation.
As operator of the GB gas transmission pipeline system, National Grid deliver around half of the nation's energy needs, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
As a Continuous Improvement Specialist, you'll help National Grid maximize efficiency and value within the Gas Transmission business. You'll ensure that continuous improvement is delivered and maintained through your expertise in lean process methodology, therefore creating value for Customers, the Company and engaged employees. You'll drive local and company-wide improvements whilst making sure that a continuous improvement culture is sustained through effective application of National Grid continuous improvement methodology.
You will be working with a team of Improvement Specialists within Gas Transmission, you will support, coach and train managers and staff with the goal of creating a culture of continuous improvement which will deliver significant improvement in performance.
You will also:
- Ensure the effective deployment of National Grid's continuous improvement methodology
- Active role model continuous improvement behaviours on a daily basis
- Identify customer needs, and focus subsequent improvement actions on processes that hinder customer needs or requirements
- Manage multiple stakeholders at all levels to ensure an effective escalation process and smooth process improvement implementations
- Support the Continuous Improvement community to develop standards and consistency, and share best practice and successes
- Improve employees continuous improvement capability
What we're looking for
We're looking for someone who has sound knowledge of Lean / Continuous Improvement methodologies and associated tools and techniques.
- Experience in mentoring, training and coaching others
- You will be educated to a degree level or equivalent. Background in engineering, utilities or a production environment would be preferable.
- An experienced project manager
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma implementation desirable
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Be able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Display effective organisational and planning skills to facilitate workshops
- Experience in change management, resulting in change in mind-sets and behaviours
- Self-aware and sensitive to impact on others
- Flexible approach and attitude
- Ability to challenge positively with stakeholders at all levels
This role requires travel, so you will need a full driving licence
This is an exceptional opportunity to display and develop your skills with a high profile company, as well as the chance to take advantage of long term opportunities in the future as we continue to grow and develop. If you can rise to the challenge and responsibility of making sure the GB gas transmission pipeline system runs smoothly, then this is the role for you.
- Salary £39k-45k reviewed each year based on your skills and knowledge for your role and your performance
- 25 days' holiday, plus 8 statutory days and an option to buy extra holiday days
- An Annual Performance Bonus of up to 5% of your salary
- A generous pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme
To learn more about working at National Grid and applying for this position, click on the Apply button.