Location(s): UK, Europe & Africa : UK : London || UK, Europe & Africa : UK : London-CS
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team who help keep the UK safe? Join BAE Systems as an Agile Coach.
You will be working within a Software Engineering team, working with our National Security Customers to build and run systems that support their core mission capabilities. You will be:
- Helping individuals, teams and the wider organisation to understand what it means to implement, adopt and embrace an Agile mindset.
- Guiding, coaching and mentoring teams and organisations to embrace Agile ways of working to help them thrive in a complex world.
- Ensuring that teams and organisations understands and adheres to Agile theory and practices. You will facilitate stakeholder collaboration, removing barriers between stakeholders and the team and/or organisation. As an Agile Coach, you will help everyone to understand and enact an empirical approach for complex work to maximize the value created by the team.
- At a team-level, you are accountable for the team’s effectiveness. You will help the team to perform at its highest level as a whole team and supporting the process to enable it to successfully deliver value. You will do this by promoting self-organisation within the team, causing the removal of any impediments to the team’s progress and facilitating the team’s events and ceremonies.
- Supporting healthy team dynamics by creating psychologically safe environments where transparency and trust are catalysts for change and continuous improvement.
Not only will your team be directly making a huge impact upon the systems you work on, you’ll be doing it for an organisation who makes a huge impact to the security of the UK. About you
You will have experience in many of the following:
How we will support you
- Enthusiastic about Agile - must have a passion for Agile ways of working;
- Communicative and Personable - must be personable, approachable and comfortable communicating with team members and stakeholders;
- Situationally Aware - must be able to utilise Emotional Intelligence to best effect;
- A Coach and a Mentor - must be an active listener, use powerful questions and know when to switch between stances;
- Facilitative - must be able to both lead and support the team;
- Competent in conflict management and resolution - must be able to facilitate discussion and consider alternatives or different approaches;
- Assertive - must be able to ensure Agile practices, values and ways of working are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority and make the tough calls where needed;
- Focused on the delivery of value - through the lens of team efficiveness, working with other stakeholders to maximise the delivery of value from the team’s endeviours
- Seeking Continual improvement - must strive to be a high-performing team, continually looking for opportunities to learn new tools and techniques, whilst seizing opportunities to learn from experience;
- Promoting team empowerment - encourages and demands self-organisation from the team;
- Promoting team transparency - must promote a culture of disclosure and transparency both within the team and to the wider business about development and progress to grow business trust.
- Security Clearance - an active DV security clearance is required for this vacancy.
About our team
- Work-life balance is important; you can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working, and many of our roles include hybrid working enabling a mix of working from home and in the office
- You’ll get 25 days holiday a year and the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- You’ll be part of our company bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Our people are what differentiates us, they are resourceful, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with cutting edge, high quality solutions. Our breadth of work across the Public Sector provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise and with new clients.
You’ll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We’ll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it whether that’s virtually or in person, as conditions allow.
We have a rich history of working within National Security. In fact, we have over 40 years’ experience of delivering advice and solutions to our customers in this sector, supporting them in carrying out their vital missions. Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.