Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
Are you looking to gain invaluable EMC practices from experienced EMC engineers on a daily basis? Keep reading ....Salary
: up to £42,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working (typically 2-3 days office based)The opportunity:
The Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) department is like no other within MBDA. It is split between a test team working hands on in our state of the art EMC Facility to simulate environments and also a highly skilled project consultancy team that is embedded across all projects within MBDA to ensure good EMC practice & design.
This role is in our EMC Project Team who support MBDA programmes throughout their product lifecycles from concept through to disposal. The majority of the work is establishing, progressing and delivering the risk reduction and qualification strategies that will bring a product into service. This will include writing documentation, reviewing hardware and may include a hands-on review of the hardware and some informal testing.
The EMC Project Team support projects from Bristol and Stevenage to ensure the correct requirements are implemented, that designs are robust and the strategy is correct. The test team then perform a formal test in the products intended electromagnetic environment at the EMC Laboratories in Bristol.
At MBDA, EMC engineers are responsible for managing assigned milestone deliverables associated with EMC Engineering activities and act as focal point and specialist for EMC requirements for the MBDA project teams.
The role involves writing Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERS's) and subsequent documentation including EMC Control Plans, Proving Plans, Proving Requirements and Proving Instructions in support of product development and qualification.
Our EMC engineers oversee EMC qualification testing to ensure evidence will be suitable for our customers, working across functional and international boundaries to resolve sophisticated technical problems using analytical tools.What we're looking for from you:Essential
- Higher education or experience within subject fields: Electronics, Electrical, Physics, EMC or similar.
- Good communication skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work to defined deadlines and within budget limits.
- Good Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Professional manner and adaptability when the project needs are evolving.
Join a great team:
- Basic Understanding of EMC and design principles
- Knowledge in the application of a military EMC standard to system, sub-system or equipment level is desirable (e.g. Defence Standard 59-41 / 59-411, AECTP500, Mil-Std-461, RTCA DO160 / EUROCAE ED-14).
- Engineer's with previous experience in delivering support around the subject of electromagnetic compatibility.
Apply today! Our Business:
- Gain invaluable EMC practices from experienced EMC engineers on a daily basis.
- Our team is highly valued in MBDA. We are known as capable, knowledgeable, and we have great test facilities.
- Opportunities to represent MBDA during discussions with our customers.
- Ability to influence the project teams and how EMC qualification will occur.
- Potential to participate in research or investigation studies.
- Ability to bring your ideas and unique skillset to the team.
- Our team is very knowledgeable and are keen to support and develop the capability of each member. An opportunity in this field of expertise like no other.
- We are passionate about the technical robustness of the compliance philosophy and testing.
- We have accredited test capabilities in Bristol, UK and Paris, France; where appropriate we work together to improve our way of working and achieve our project needs.
- The test and project teams support each other to improve the way both teams work.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG
Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.