MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary: Competitive depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe Opportunity
Due to increased workload, we are looking for experienced Principal Mechanical Design Engineers to work in all areas of the Product Life Cycles from Mechanical Future Concepts, Detailed Design and Qualification to Production and In-service Support. You will be leading the development of mechanical solutions on a wide variety of complex weapons and weapon systems whilst collaborating with wider multi-disciplinary teams.
This opportunity provides fantastic development opportunities for career progression within MBDA.What we're looking for
High performing teams need high performing and experienced individuals.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
What's in it for you?
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified with experience in Mechanical Design and Development in one of the following areas; Mechanisms, Structures, Assembly and Integration, Concept down selection and development.
- The ability to lead mechanical design work packages and have experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges that this may bring.
- Awareness of proving and qualification activities to ensure compliance against requirements.
- Robust design experience across the Product Life Cycle (CADMID)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- Experience of supplier engagement and development across internal and external multi-disciplinary teams.
- Awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- An understanding of structural/thermal/dynamic analysis would be advantageous.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given)
Working within a high performing multi-disciplinary team environment on challenging engineering problems across the product life cycle with training provided on specific aspects of missile system design.
You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
The role provides fantastic opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation. You will also have the opportunity to develop your leadership skills
Note: This role requires reasonable travel in the UK and could involve some travel overseas in Europe, (subject to COVID-19 restrictions). Join a great team!
You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of world class products.
Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest technologies.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.