The Health and Safety Executive is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. We’re dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
We are now looking for a Head of Access and Structural Safety in Buildings to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of £67,697 - £74,315 per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27.1%
- Flexible working options
- Family friendly policies and working hours
- Competitive parental leave benefits
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- Excess Fares Allowance
This is an excellent opportunity for a building and structural safety expert with construction experience and an excellent leadership style to step into a pivotal role with our vital organisation.
You’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on how the next generation of buildings are constructed, shaping a new culture of building safety and protecting future generations for years to come!
Not only this, but you’ll be rewarded with an excellent range of benefits designed to support and nurture your personal and professional growth, including flexible working arrangements, generous leave options and development programmes.
As our Head of Access and Structural Safety in Buildings, you will oversee and develop the standards for access and structural safety of England’s buildings.
Focusing on improving the access and structural safety of buildings, you will lead the development of technical policy advice relating to building regulations and standards, delivering clear guidance on technical issues to senior colleagues, policy officials and stakeholders.
You’ll support policy development, especially on high-profile access and structural safety issues, contributing to future approaches to technical policy and relationships with the newly established Building Safety Regulator (BSR).
Additionally, you will:
- Represent BSR with industry and professional groups
- Oversee research projects
- Develop strategic plans
- Manage a team of technical specialists and policy generalists
To be considered as our Head of Access and Structural Safety in Buildings, you will need:
- Relevant construction experience
- Broad technical understanding of building issues, particularly on access and structural safety
- The ability to translate that knowledge into clear, practical and pragmatic advice
- Excellent leaderships skills, with the ability to lead and develop a high performing team
- Relationship and network-building skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great organisational skills
- Membership of a relevant chartered institute (CMIOSH, CIOB, RICS, CABE, CIH, etc)
The closing date for this vacancy is 22nd September 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Operations, Head of Building & Construction, Senior Building Control Surveyor, or Surveying Manager.
Webrecruit and Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to make a positive impact in a leading role as our Head of Access and Structural Safety in Buildings, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.