MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £70,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to 27% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more!
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 3 days per week onsite per week and 2 days from home.The opportunity:
One of our key future products has a requirement for a Senior Lead Mechanical Architect with the knowledge, skill and experience necessary to drive forwards the development of a major weapon system component. In this role the Senior Lead Mechanical Architect will be accountable for ensuring a major section of the munition is realised as a fit for purpose solution that maximises the compliance to demanding customer requirements whilst achieving a producible design solution.
This role will be responsible for:
- Leading the definition of the optimum mechanical architecture for the munition and all its variants
- Ensuring the mechanical architecture and interfaces meet requirements.
- Building a high-performing Architecture team
- Providing leadership and technical supervision for the Architecture team.
- Delivery on time, on cost and on quality of mechanical architecture objectives
- Ensuring all mechanical, performance etc. trade studies are conducted accurately
- Interface with, and manage, customer expectations throughout the development process.
- Controlling delegated budget
As a senior member of the project team you will face a number of challenges:
What we're looking for from you:
- Participate in and influence the decision making process at all levels within the project including the Chief Engineer and with government and industry partners to ensure that the best cost/performance trade-offs are made.
- Analyse the cost/benefit analysis for all major decisions taken and ensure the correct technical decision is made.
- Act as the focus for munition mechanical issues and investigations.
- Provide the right technical direction to the work package team.
- Work with suppliers and integration authorities to ensure the munition can be physically integrated while maximising performance.
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Experience of electro-mechanical & mechanical design
- Experience developing proving logic and leading the generation of compliance evidence
We are also interested in a good understanding of broader engineering fields, such as: Aerodynamics / Materials /Vibration, Shock, Fatigue /Six Sigma & Lean Design /Critical Parameter Management /Systems Engineering V-model /FMEAOur Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.