MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £34,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
The semi-skilled operator will be responsible for the carrying out of machine manufacturing and self-certification tasks within the deployed business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
What we're looking for from you:
- Hand soldering Circuit Card Assemblies to IPC 610 & 001.
- Fine soldering under magnification.
- Surface mount and through-hole component assembly,
- Undertake detailed standard assembly / manufacturing activities, undertaking all work to requisite procedures, quality standards, safety requirements and timescales.
- Contribute to the efficient movement of work and information in the manufacturing area.
- Adhere in all activities to agreed standards and behaviours.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements.
- Operations of equipment, to build circuit card assemblies including:- DEK screen print machine, MyCronic Pick and place machine, ERSA reflow solder oven, Koh Young Automated optical inspection.
- IPC 610 certified / trained preferred
- Prior knowledge of circuit card assembly.
- Dexterity for fine work.
- Read and interpret layouts.
- Follow instructions.
- Attention to detail.
- Work on own with minimal supervision.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.