SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around Ireland - Dublin or Belfast.
Salary: €72,400 - €108,600 dependant upon skills & experience + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
About the Role
SSE Renewables have an exciting opportunity within our Onshore Design and Delivery team for a Lead Project Engineer to support our engineering activities across onshore technologies predominantly focussed on onshore wind but also covering hydro and hybrid projects with co-located technologies.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Leading the delivery of engineering activities in line with project governance and assurance requirements.
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering resource onto onshore technology development, re-powering and life extension projects across Ireland and the UK.
- Driving value engineering across the portfolio of projects by identifying and delivering on design refinement and improvement opportunities implementing lessons learned from previous projects.
- Implementing the requirements defined within SSEs Governance Framework and associated procedures relating to design assurance, safety, quality, and cost.
- Co-ordination of project interfaces bringing multi-disciplinary stakeholders together, facilitating or participating in regular updates from the team and producing action plans to ensure satisfactory resolution of risks and issues in a timely manner.
- This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who thrives on working within a collaborative team to deliver world class renewable engineering projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would be looking for you to have:
- Demonstrable experience of design development and delivery of onshore windfarm projects.
- Experience of delivering Technical Assurance/Governance on large capital projects.
- Previous experience of coordinating appropriate technical support within a multi-disciplinary team to provide expert opinion and approval across design reviews, key decisions and risk reviews.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to deliver engineering excellence on world class projects.
- A degree qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent experience in a similar role with a passion for renewable energy.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Dougie on 01738 275199.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.