L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Rust Software Developer
Job Location – Tewkesbury OR Fleet, UK
Job ID – SAS20231608-104820
Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours available, i.e. 4-day condensed working week, 9-day fortnights,12pm finish every Friday, etc.
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
L3Harris in Tewkesbury and Fleet are part of our ICI division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies primarily in the areas of Crypto/Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare including Counter IED capability.
As part of our future Cyber Security development strategy, we have a number of new opportunities for Rust Software Developers (all levels of ability) across our growing Crypto portfolio. We collaborate with Government Agencies and the Defence sector on the next generation of state of the art Cyber Defence solutions, such as Government grade data encryption, and are aligning ourselves with the growing support for Rust as a language of choice in this area.
You will be involved in the full engineering lifecycle, from conception and architecture, through to low level design and implementation of embedded software in our products. You will be an integral part of a development team working on the latest evolution of our award winning flagship CATAPAN product family.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- 15% sign on bonus
- £3,000 to £6,000 DV Bonus – please note this level of clearance isn’t essential for this role. This bonus is subject to individual clearance and project requirements – discussed upon application.
- Hybrid working where possible
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours available, i.e. 4-day condensed working week, 9-day fortnights,12pm finish every Friday, etc.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
- Professional registration with the IET (Engineers only)
What you’ll bring
The role of Rust Software Developer requires the following experience and skills:
- Previous Software Engineering experience with solid Rust code development & review
- Experience of DevOps methods and tools such as continuous build environment, source control, automated testing and deployment
- Degree qualified or equivalent in relevant subject, or qualified by experience
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team (Software, Firmware, Hardware)
- Ability to create proficient designs from formal requirements
- A desire to learn new technologies and to push technical boundaries
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.