L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Software Engineer
Job Location – Tewkesbury OR Fleet, UK
Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours available, i.e. 4-day condensed working week, 9-day fortnights,12pm finish every Friday, etc.
Job ID – SAS20231608-104818
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
L3Harris in Tewkesbury and Fleet are part of our ICI division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies primarily in the areas of Crypto/Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare including Counter IED capability.
You will be involved in the full engineering lifecycle, from conception and architecture, through to low level design and implementation of embedded software in our products. You will be an integral part of a development team and there will be opportunities to work on the latest evolution of our award-winning flagship CATAPAN product family, or on our Corvus development which is changing the face of Electronic Countermeasures in the Defence sector.
Please note, we are actively recruiting at all levels and so if you are a Software Engineering professional, looking for a fresh challenge, with expertise in one or more of the following, please do get in touch for an informal conversation:
What you’ll bring
The role of a Software Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Solid experience of object orientated design and implementation principles (OOD, OOP)
- Previous Software Engineering experience in one or more language (C++, Python, Rust, Java, etc.) with up-to-date skills and a keen interest in industry best practice
- Track record of producing reliable, robust, intuitive, maintainable software
A few of our employee benefits are:
- 15% sign on bonus
- £3,000 to £6,000 DV Bonus – please note this level of clearance isn’t essential for this role. This bonus is subject to individual clearance and project requirements – discussed upon application.
- Hybrid working where possible
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours available, i.e. 4-day condensed working week, 9-day fortnights,12pm finish every Friday, etc.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
- Professional registration with the IET (Engineers only)
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.