SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Havant, Reading, Glasgow, Perth.
Salary: £51,600 - £77,400 + Performance-Related Bonus and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the role?
Candidates for this role will be required to obtain vetting to SC level through UK Government. The criteria normally includes 5 years UK residency, further information can be found here: United Kingdom Security Vetting: Applicant - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We are looking for a Senior Cloud and Infrastructure Architect to become a critical part of a team delivering major change to transform our business.
- You will facilitate, analysis and design tasks required to develop the cloud and infrastructure architecture for SSE; including design for project and programme level solutions, providing leadership to other architects and development assignments across several projects and complex programmes.
- Deliver high-level cloud and infrastructure models, architectures patterns and building blocks in line with business requirements, organisation and industry standards, ready for business delivery consumption.
- Ensure compliance to Enterprise requirements of all high-level models and architectures against the Target Architecture, roadmaps, architecture principles and standards.
- Ensure that architectures maintain integrity within the context of the relevant programme architecture.
- Technical skills need to be coupled with the ability to communicate complex designs clearly and precisely in written form with diagrams as appropriate for a wide variety of stakeholders to explain and justify design decisions. Your documentation when approved will be used for tendering and for others to build to. You will be involved throughout the project lifecycle to ensure delivery matches design.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- You'll have successfully delivered Cloud and Infrastructure Architectures yourself; with exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments and be able to support the development of the project planning including ensuring the phases are appropriate.
- Microsoft Azure and/or AWS architecture and design is highly desirable, but we will consider applicants with other Cloud Platform knowledge.
- A familiarity with applying architecture frameworks and any related architecture development methods, such as TOGAF will be an advantage.
- Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders by effectively managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery.
- Ability to oversee the quality of the work performed by members of any project teams to ensure it delivers measurable business benefits and maintains integrity with the solution architecture.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.