Base Location: Inverness, Aberdeen, Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £32,600 - £48,800 + Car/ cash allowance + + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Cable Project Engineer are:
- To provide general assistance to Cable Project Engineers, Senior Cable Project Engineer, and Engineering Managers, for any stage and activity pertaining to Cable project development delivery.
- To assume ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks and projects; delivering each with pride, professionalism and within prescribed timescales.
- To proactively undertake work-based and academic training and development, to develop the fundamental interpersonal and technical competencies required to fulfil the eventual role of Cable Project Engineer.
- The Assistant Cable Project Engineer will proactively engage with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders; all the while representing themselves and SSEN Transmission with professionalism and in promotion of SSEs core values.
- To sometimes travel and work away from home, within the UK and beyond, with willingness and ability to work flexibly, in accordance with the needs of the project team.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Qualification of minimum BEng level in a relevant electrical/mechanical/systems engineering discipline, or HND in such discipline, with demonstrable transferable skills and experience
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organisational skills.
- The attitude, initiative and determination to develop and deliver high-value, complex construction projects - in time, on budget and according to specification.
- Enthusiasm to integrate with, and provide positive contribution to, a team of specialist engineering professionals.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie at or 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.