About the Role
Base Location: Slough
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 + car/cash allowance + London allowance + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN are looking to hire a Network Engineer to manage the streetlighting and unmetered faults within Thames Valley Region based out of our Slough Depot.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The responsible person for ensuring workloads are prioritised, managed and repaired in the most effective
way possible; this workload includes but is not restricted to all fault work for their respective area of
- Ensure that SSENs customers remain at the core of every decision to ensure great customer service
performance and value is delivered by self, team, and contract partners; to meet and exceed customer and
- Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders in real-time to ensure all faults, general enquiries and similar
unplanned works are managed effectively.
- Effectively manage, or escalate for effective action, all unmetered work to help deliver great performance
where all Guaranteed Standard are met.
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with the SSEN Safe Management of Work procedure.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Electrical Operational experience - LV & HV.
- HNC in electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of planning work effectively.
- Experience of building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Experience of customer service led works.
Travel is required and as a result we can only accept applications from candidates that hold a current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.