About the Role
Base Location: Argyll
Salary: £31,339 - £35,892 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours a week
An Electrical/Mechanical Fitter is required to help to deliver SSEN's maintenance and Inspection programme on the transmission network.
Your key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Work on all maintenance aspects of our electricity switchgear and plant up to and including 400kV (training and development will be on offer to get you fully authorised up to 400kV).
- Maintaining power systems including, switchgear, transformers, busbars, and other associated equipment in a field-based capacity on plant up to 400kV.
- Maintenance, Inspections, Defect repairs and assisting with construction works and ensuring best value for money.
- Safety would be your number one priority, ensuring that all operational works are carried out to the highest standards.
- You will be required to participate in standby duties for faults work when authorisations have been gained and as we work in a regulated business, you'll hold a pivotal role in ensuring that our network complies with current and future regulatory rules.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience of working on the electrical network, ideally dealing with LV and HV plant maintenance. (Holding SSE CAT 1,2,3 would be advantageous).
- High regard for safety, embedding yourself in our safety culture and adhering to guidelines in everything you do is a key priority. You should have outstanding customer relationship skills, and a commitment to providing a high-level service too.
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- Suitable candidates for this role will preferably have a proven track record of working in HV with a Transmission (or similar) company, combined with a City and Guilds Part 232, SVQ 3 Level Electrical apprenticeship or SVQ level 3 Mechanical apprenticeship.
- You must be adaptable, self-motivated and flexible enough to work away from base location and hold a full driver's licence (a towing licence and NRSWA ticket would be advantageous).
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.