MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £43,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as an 80/20 split. The role is 37 hours per week primarily based on site at Bolton, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home on occasion as part of dynamic working arrangements.The opportunity:
Providing technical support to Operations for environmental and mechanical testing of weapon systems in development and production, to ensure programme targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Providing environmental and mechanical test engineering technical support during design / development phases from initial concept through to Production Readiness Review and release to Operations.
- Supporting test facility introduction and ensuring that configuration control of equipment and facilities is in place prior to use, generating risk assessments, supporting test specifications and operator instructions.
- Support ESS (Environmental Stress Screening) and mechanical test with diagnosis of production test issues in conjunction with the Calibration & Maintenance department.
- Evaluation of technical problems in order to develop proposals for test equipment investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Working closely with Operations and other stakeholders to overcome any technical challenges and drive continuous improvement.
- HND level of qualifications or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- An understanding of thermal, vibration and mechanical (e.g. C of G, pressure) test principles and test equipment
- Whilst not essential, experience in developing, deploying and supporting environmental and vibration test facilities would be beneficial.
- Previous experience using PC-based vibration control systems would also be beneficial.
This opportunity isfor a Senior Test Engineer to join the Manufacturing Test Engineering organisation supporting environmental and mechanical testing of electrical/electronic weapon systems and sub-assemblies during development and production product lifecycle phases. The role sits under the Manufacturing UK Test Engineering functional organisation and is based at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bolton.What we're looking for from you:
- The ability to plan and organise own work in order to ensure multiple tasks can be prioritised and delivered against Project objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports based on higher-level requirements.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail and a supportive, collaborative and pro-active approach to test engineering.
- Experience using vibration controllers and Eurotherm thermal controllers would be beneficial.
- While not essential, an appreciation of electrical/electronic testing and experience in a defence aerospace manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.