Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
Are you a systems engineer who flourishes with solving complex problems and designing advanced weapons capabilities? If so, we have an opportunity for you!Salary
: up to £55,000 (depending on experience)What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Typically 2 to 3 days per week on site working.The opportunity:
As part of our Systems Design Emerging Portfolio and Capability function you will deliver systems engineering expertise to projects focussing on the front end of the product life cycle, designing the latest Complex Weapons capabilities for the UK and partner nation Armed Forces in response to advanced threats in all domains (Air, Land, Sea).
Whether embedded in a multi-disciplinary team, or leading an individual work package, you will gain broad engineering experience, engaging stakeholders, co-ordinating technology specialists, and developing advanced systems engineering techniques.
Through our people management opportunities you can learn to lead teams, and play a part in developing the engineers of the future.What we're looking for from you:
Systems engineering experience in any of the following skill areas:
- Requirements and Use Case analysis
- Concept assessment and design trade studies
- System architecture design and functional modelling
- Performance assessment and systems behaviour analysis
- Verification, Validation and Certification
- Model based engineering techniques, including MBSE
Broader engineering management experience is welcome, particularly gained through leadership of work packages, integration of complex activities or, managing technical relationships with customers or suppliers.Join us in shaping the future of defence technology. Apply today!Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.