Stevenage MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Software ArchitectSalary
: Up to circa £70,000 (doe)Some of what to expect!
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to 21.25% of basic salary
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically 3 days onsite for this role.The opportunity!
This is a rare chance to work on a ‘blue sky' development with very few constraints. As a new development, Ceres will use modern technologies and frameworks, development environment, tool set, and methodology including a focus on CI/CD and automation.
A great opportunity to design and deliver the next generation of MBDA's software test solutions. The Ceres Project will provide a software test solution for all of MBDA's major upcoming systems including the Future Combat Air System and the Future Cruise / Anti-Ship Weapon. This project needs a Software Architect to drive the software design, working as part of a team of developers to deliver this critical capability.
You will be part of a highly dynamic and engaging team, creating a motivating and enjoyable working environment and culture. Being agile and adaptive, the team will work closely to understand and deliver each new feature and version.
The opportunity for mentorship and guidance from more experienced Software Architects is available if desired.What we're looking for from you:
A practicing Software Architect or someone with strong software design skills looking to take the next jump in their career to becoming a Software Architect.
What's in it for you?
- A strong technical practitioner, comfortable with making important architectural and design decisions.
- Knowledge of modern and established software architecture techniques and design patterns.
- Able to provide technical mentorship, clearly articulate software architecture solutions and collaborate with software developers.
- Able to communicate clearly and accurately at different levels, including influencing partners and internal customers.
- A proponent of the benefits of key software engineering practices like continuous integration and good design.
- Able to assess and communicate the trade-offs between various aspects of a Software Architecture with a focus on design rationale.
- An understanding of software abstraction layers and the software stack.
- The experience to define and influence the tools, frameworks and technologies used.
- A strong programming background, preferably with experience in more than one language.
- To take ownership of the design for a key MBDA capability product, starting from a ‘blank sheet' with the opportunity to craft the solution in its entirety.
- An encouraging and supportive working environment enabling you to develop and grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
- Personal development through various learning and development initiatives and a mentor scheme to keep your skills at the forefront of software engineering.
- The Software Product Lines and Capability department are made up of a number of small teams providing key capabilities and technical excellence across our project delivery software departments - joining a committed and expert team of Architects, Technical Experts and DevOps Engineers.
- An opportunity to take part in special interest groups and communities of practice to improve the way we develop and deliver software in a variety of subjects.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances.