SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in Perth, Aberdeen, Glasgow or Inverness
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The role of a DevOps Engineer is to engage on build, test, and maintenance activities with a focus on Power Platform Development to support and enhance the SSEN Transmission business. Combining aspects of Stakeholder engagement, technical development and IT operations to provide ongoing maintenance, and service improvements to our portfolio of solutions and products. You will be responsible for creating and customizing applications, workflows, and solutions using Microsoft Power Platform tools such as Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, and Power Virtual Agents to satisfy business requirements.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to gather, analyse, and document requirements for Power Platform solutions as well as creating and working User Stories to facilitate development of solutions working within a team using Agile Methodologies.
- Develop solutions as part of a team with a focus on Power Platform tools such as PowerApps, Power Automate, PowerBI and Power Virtual Agents. Producing visually appealing and interactive solutions to address business needs.
- Design, implement and maintain efficient workflows and automations using Power Automate.
- Conduct thorough testing to ensure all solutions perform to specification.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for the SSEN Transmission portfolio of Power Platform solutions.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A solid understanding of the Microsoft 365 ecosystem, including SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Microsoft Teams, and other related services. This knowledge is crucial for integrating and working with data from these platforms.
- Strong problem-solving skills to understand business requirements and translate them into effective Power Platform solutions. Creativity to design user-friendly and efficient apps, workflows, and reports that meet end-users' needs.
- Effective communication skills to work closely with business stakeholders, gather requirements, and provide updates on development progress. Collaboration skills to work within multidisciplinary teams that might include business analysts, designers, and other developers.
- Practical experience in developing Power Platform solutions is highly valuable. Relevant certifications, such as the Microsoft Certified: Power Platform Developer Associate, could be beneficial and you should demonstrate expertise in Power Platform development and DevOps practices.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.