AWE is currently recruiting for Senior Mechanical Engineers to support a fast-paced Operational Trials & Test delivery area. The successful candidate will be supported to undertake design work for trials and to be accountable for ensuring the technical solutions developed meet the high standards of operations safety, performance, and our customers' requirements.
Senior Mechanical Engineers
Location: Reading area
Package: £44,990 - £70,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 25th September 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
What will you be responsible for as a Senior Mechanical Engineer?
- Providing technical support to trials.
- Leading on the delivery of conceptual design manager, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation and validation evidence for mechanical engineering solutions in relation to defined requirements.
- Producing and delivering high-quality technical reports and presentations.
- Identifying and supporting opportunities for cost savings, efficiency and business improvement.
- Producing high quality scoping documents, plans and estimates for future activities.
- Aiding the development of less experienced engineers through formal and informal, technical mentoring.
- Organising personal training and development.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
What will you need to be considered for the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer?
- Proven experience of delivering projects with a consideration for quality, time, and cost.
- CAD knowledge and experience (NX/AutoCAD)
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
Ideally, candidates will have either a degree in a relevant STEM discipline, or hold a HNC/HND qualification or relevant experience.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.