MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: £47,000 - £50,000 dependent on experienceWhat we can offer:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
This role is a 37 hour on site at Henlow role however on occasions and with prior Management agreement working from home may be accommodated.The Opportunity:
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA's deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
This is an excellent opportunity to join UK Manufacturing as part of the live build team at Henlow in support of multi project customer deliveries.The Role:
What we're looking for from you:
- You will be responsible for the management of a manufacturing team. You will organise, motivate and lead an integrated team to meet the relevant project programmes to time, cost and quality.
- Lead, develop and manage the team to deliver hardware of planned and budgeted standards to quality, time and cost.
- Manage day to day deployment of resources and facilities to achieve programme needs.
- Conduct and support forward planning reviews.
- Establish and maintain good housekeeping practices that will ensure a safe working environment that is consistent with all Health and Safety at Work and COSHH requirements.
- Contribute to the Defect Management Process including the completion of all functional audit commitments.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with the trade unions.
- Proactive stimulation and contribution to continuous improvement activities in line with manufacturing best practice.
- Significant demonstrable track record and experience as a team leader.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good people management skills.
- Awareness of Health and Safety.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 is desirable.
- Ideally HNC or equivalent certificate.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.