MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedomSalary: Up to £70,000 DOEWhat we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Filton
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2-3 days a week on-site. This is flexible and can be more or less to suit personal circumstance and project needs. We are also open to compressed hours or part-time working in this role.The Opportunity
This role is an opportunity for an experienced FPGA Designer to be involved in the development of an exciting project to showcase our capability.
Your role will involve simulation of Simulink models in VHDL, supporting system modem generation and implementation into firmware and configuration of control and design record documentation.
You will also work with software, hardware and embedded teams to deliver an integrated solution. You will also be required to liaise with project management to report on project status.What we're looking for
Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent qualification) with experience in the majority of the following areas:
- Experience in VHDL design and test bench coding
- Ideally but not essential, experience with Math Works model based design flows (e.g. Simulink)
- Experience with Vivado, Modelsim & Simulink design tool
- Capability to perform configuration & activity management (e.g. SVN, GIT, RTC)
- Capability to perform firmware documentation and process activities
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.