SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading and Dublin
Salary: €54,900 - €82,200 /£55,573 - £63,643 + performance related bonus and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll join a team of developers working in Agile practices to digitise SSE Energy Customer Solutions services. Your knowledge and influence will facilitate the ongoing maintenance and development of our core applications. You will support and advise the delivery teams in best practice solutions to deliver Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines and increase the generation of value from the development activities.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Designing, building, testing, automating, monitoring and supporting significant components within a modern digital service platform pipeline across production and near production environments.
- Applying industry best practices and patterns across infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
- Applying your experience/ knowledge of cloud computing in building applications and infrastructure using Azure.
- Manage the release and change management processes required to implement technical changes to our core applications via modern Continuous Delivery processes for releasing software to production.
- Providing the focal point for advice, guidance and technical input of own area through knowledge transfer, one to one workshop and mentoring to other team members as required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Multiple Agile environment full SDLC under your belt from a DevOps Engineering perspective with a preference for building applications with Azure experience (although we are open to other DevOps tools such as Github or Teamcity etc).
- Experience of troubleshooting cloud integrations (.NET Framework, C#, Azure Function Apps, Azure Service Bus, Azure Logic Apps).
- Extensive experience in Build & Release Management, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), ideally using Azure DevOps (pipelines, repos, releases) to release software to production.
- Experience in deployments using containers (Docker / Kubernetes) and in Infrastructure as Code deployments using Terraform and ARM templates.
- Experience with one or more programming or scripting languages (Java, Python, C++, Ruby, Shell).
- Experience in configuring and using Monitoring tools to support the releases (any tools but preference for Azure monitor, App Insights, Log Analytics).
- Experience in integration of DevSecOps security solutions across the delivery toolchains to allow for security self-assessment.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.