SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Havant, Reading and Edinburgh and Glasgow
Salary: £55,573 - £63,643 and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic Senior Technical Specialist - Apptio TBM with strong technical and analytical skills to help us advance the next phases of our cost transparency roadmap and maturity.
We are expanding our Apptio Cost Transparency Platform and are in search of someone with extensive cost management knowledge within an IT organization. This knowledge will enable us to enhance the tool for optimizing the IT cost structure and providing transparency to all users. This role involves developing KPI reports in collaboration with the reporting team to identify opportunities for cost optimization and configuring the Apptio system.
What are we seeking?
In this role, you will:
- Assist in managing cost transparency and allocation to ensure that technology service and resource costs are transparent and appropriately allocated across different departments or business units.
- Take responsibility for configuring the cost management platform to meet SSE requirements, including developing additional functionality as Apptio evolves.
- Enable users to derive insights from the system and reports, adapting to their changing needs including providing meaningful KPIs
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key contacts, both internally and within Apptio.
- Lead and support knowledge transfer to all users by conducting workshops, one-on-one sessions, training sessions, and mentoring other teams as needed.
- Load, validate, and review data in a timely manner. Manage access requests, stakeholder inquiries, and user change requests, and enabling users to contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process.
What Do I Need?
To be considered for this role, we would appreciate it if you have:
- Experience in technology business management within organizations of similar size, with Apptio practitioner certification being desirable.
- A proactive approach with the ability to prioritize your own workload within demanding schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Cost management and finance skills are advantageous.
- It is desirable for role-holders to have Agile experience and demonstrate an interest in promoting it throughout the business.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.