About the Role
Base Location: Flexible across UK locations, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK locations, which includes but is not limited to Reading, Havant, Glasgow, Perth.
Salary: £51,600 - £77,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Category Manager to join our Procurement and Commercial (P&C) team supporting IT and Telco Procurement.
As Senior Category Manager (IT), you will be responsible for the execution of a category management approach to the procurement of Group IT portfolio of spend to ensure compliance, drive efficiencies, mitigate supply risks and drive down the total cost of ownership to the organisation. You'll be responsible for conducting internal and external analysis and engaging effectively with stakeholders to determine optimum sourcing strategies.
In your role as Senior Category Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Managing and leading a small team of Strategic Procurement Officers to provide a range of sourcing activities in support of category plans and in accordance with all policies and procedures.
- Conduct Category Management in accordance with the overall procurement strategy, processes and procedures and ensure Category Management delivers against targets and objectives (such as savings, total cost of ownership, quality improvements and efficiencies).
- Liaising with the Lead Procurement & Commercial Manager and Head of Procurement and Commercial for IT & Telco on a regular basis to provide updates on category performance and provide additional insight through reporting and commentary as required.
- Interfacing with the IT Stakeholders to understand demand for and the impact of sourcing activities and foster relationships with Legal, Data Protection and Security to build robust & agile contracts.
- Develop and foster relationships with Stakeholder, Technical Specialists, Suppliers, Collaborative bodies and marketplace forums to build insights and market knowledge.
What do I need?
To be successful, you will have a broad knowledge of IT Sub Categories, with an understanding of the IT market place. Previous extensive procurement experience within a similar industry at a mid-senior level and a personal proven track record in executing complex procurement activities is essential; you should also have a good understanding and experience of Category Management and its implementation.
We would also like you to have;
- Broad knowledge of IT contracts with the ability to draft special terms, including IT specific contract clauses, be able to negotiate complex contracts with Tier 1 Technology Providers and provide guidance to others on how to assess and mitigate risks.
- Advanced negotiation skills and in depth knowledge of software/SaaS based commercial models.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, ability to work to deadlines, dealing with changing priorities whilst manging own time effectively.
- Knowledge of Procurement related systems eg Oracle, Jaggaer, Achilles Utilities Vendor Database
- Ability to influence people outside own sphere of responsibility including Stakeholders and Suppliers.
- CIPS or Degree level educated is preferred.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fran on 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.