Henlow MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary:
Up to £55,000 (depending on experience)What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Mixed of both home working and office based (Remote working while completing documentation. However, this is a hands on test engineering role, so there will be an expectation for on site working in our Stevenage laboratory most days)The opportunity:
As an Environmental Test Engineer in the Mechanical and Climatic Test Department you will be responsible for delivering varied and complex test campaigns on all MBDA UK Missile Programmes, applying tests using cutting edge equipment and techniques. Test activities will include multi-shaker and multi-axis vibration (random, sine and mixed mode), high g shock, altitude, humidity and many other test conditions.
The Mechanical and Climatic Test Department consists of around 30 engineers. The team are proactive and dynamic as the workload can be very varied, with a wide range of products and tests to be conducted.This is an exciting time to join the team as we are undergoing a significant expansion in space and capability, with our new building due to be commissioned in 2024.
As a test engineer you will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the test programme, from initial costings through to a Test House Certificate certifying the work conducted. You will need to work in accordance with company and local quality procedures to ensure all testing is conducted to the required standard for missile development and qualification. You will also work closely with other teams who will conduct functional testing, equipment maintenance and test planning with your support.What we're looking for from you: Essential:
- HNC/HND/Degree qualified in a subject relevant to the role or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a sound fundamental knowledge of mechanical structures and analysis
- IT Competence including MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experienced using measurement equipment and devices including accelerometers, thermocouples, strain gauges, etc.
- Determined individuals that are self-motivated and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Methodical and Logical approach, conscientious and safety conscious in all activities
- Demonstrable experience leading or working as a team in the delivery of projects
- Previous experience using Siemens Testlab vibration control equipment or other automated mechanical test systems
- Previous experience identifying and delivering capability and technical improvements
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.