Bristol MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £65,000 depending on experienceWhat we can offer you:
Dynamic (hybrid) working:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more.....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 4 days on-site.The opportunity: DevOps Engineer
We are seeking a highly capable and adaptable DevOps engineer to join our Software Capability Team. A fantastic opportunity to be part of a team at MBDA that is starting an exciting phase of redefining the way we develop and deliver software, putting our engineers at the heart of this transformation.
This is a hands-on role and will play an integral part in our DevOps journey across the whole of the UK Software Group. We are looking for an individual to help transition our teams to a DevOps way of working. This will give an opportunity to work with a wide variety of teams and projects.
Come and join our team and be part of creating a world class DevOps defence offering from the very beginning. We are using modern technologies and have the opportunity to create positive change across MBDA UK software engineering. Working in a small team, but be part of huge change!What we're looking for from you:
- A skilled DevOps engineer looking for a new challenge.
- Good hands on understanding of industry leading DevOps tools and techniques.
- The ability to articulate, promote and implement the ‘why' DevOps is important to modern development teams.
- Experience working in a software development team using DevOps tooling and cultural practices.
- An understanding of what it takes to transition software development teams to DevOps tool stack and cultural practices.
- Your ability to articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design.
- Experience with modern CI/CD systems - preferably one of Gitlab CI, Github Actions, or Drone.
- Previous experience working with containerisation.
Beneficial but not essential:
- Experience teaching, mentoring, coaching in a technical capacity.
- Basic knowledge of how to build C/C++, Java, Ada
- An understanding of containerisation and Virtualisation orchestration using tools.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.