At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you a Project Quality Officer, ready to define and carry out the quality control and assurance procedures as part of the Future Circular Collider study in CERN’s Accelerator and Technology sector? Take part!
As a Project Quality Officer, your main responsibility is project controlling including, but not limited to:
- Information quality management across all pillars and domains of the FCC feasibility study;
- Procurement management across all pillars and domains of the FCC feasibility study;
- Schedule and performance monitoring for host-state related activities;
- Project management of EU co-funded projects that are associated to the FCC feasibility study.
More specifically, you will focus on the following areas:
- Environmental aspect analysis of FCC surface sites based on particle accelerator, experiment, and technical infrastructure concept developments;
- EU co-funded projects;
- Subsurface investigation campaign;
- Sustainability enabling technology projects such as the excavation materials re-use, waste heat recovery and supply, renewable energy supply and storage, environmental information system establishment and operation;
- Technical/administrative support for FCC cost estimate;
- Organisation and coordination of working meetings with participants from the FCC collaboration and with companies.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of mechanical, aerospace, civil engineering or a related field.
Working experience with the following:
- CRM (e.g. Odoo) and land-plot owner management (e.g. Scribe);
- EU co-funded project management;
- Procurement management software;
- Project management and scheduling software (e.g. MS Project);
- Document management systems.
- Quality management;
- Project management;
- Contract management;
- Organisation, planning and control;
- Process analysis, definition and improvement.
- Solving problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; gaining trust and collaboration from others.
- Communicating effectively: delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts. Ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 13.10.2023 at 12:00 AM (midnight) CEST.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (3 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: ATS-DO-2023-120-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Business Process Analyst