MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary: £39,123 + bonus and benefits
Shift work/ Shift patterns
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
: Working on site Monday-Friday (flexi start and finish)
An opportunity has arisen to join an improving team within the Calibration & Maintenance (C&M) Department for an Electrical Calibration & Maintenance Operator. This will involve working on Special to Type Test Equipment, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment across multiple projects. The work is extremely varied, interesting and challenging.The Role
What we're looking for
- Working in a multi discipline team to support the Operations team.
- Initial calibration, routine calibration and maintenance of test and measurement equipment.
- Ensure that both factory and proprietary test and measuring equipment is maintained in line with current procedures.
- Carry out calibration and repair tasks in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Generating clear and comprehensive calibration/maintenance records for traceability purposes.
What's in it for you?
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3
- Manufacturing Engineering, either:
- Vocational G or H Units with Further Education, or
- Vocational TR23/TR21 Units with Further Education or
- Vocational NVQ3 with Further Education
- Minimum further education requirement: City & Guilds Parts 1,2 & 3 or ONC/HNC
- Generate clear and comprehensive calibration & maintenance records.
- Experience of calibrating COTS/Special to Type Test Equipment
- Experience of calibrating electrical equipment such as Power Supplies, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, etc.
- Experience of In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Be competent in following manufacturer's instructions.
- A good understanding of SAP would be desirable.
- Experience of working on Environmental Stress Screening Facilities (ESS) desirable.
Join a great team!
- Working in a forward thinking team that exploits opportunities to improve.
- Excellent development opportunities, on the job training and yearly development reviews.
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require a dedicated and motivated team
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.
equires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.