About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Inverness or Aberdeen
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission have an exciting opportunity for an HV Primary Plant Engineer to join our multi-disciplined Project Engineering team to help develop and deliver innovative solutions to high voltage electrical substation projects, helping to unlock the renewable generation potential in the North of Scotland and contributing towards the UK's Net-Zero targets.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Creating outline scope, site location plans, primary plant layout and Single Line Diagrams for new build and asset replacement type projects, operating up to 400kV.
- Reviewing contractor/consultants detailed designs and witnessing Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Implementing safety by design principles to ensure that engineering and safety risks are adequately controlled.
- Support site and operational teams to ensure the quality of installations, with minimal risk to Network security.
- Evaluate tenders and procure and manage specialist services from consultants.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A good awareness of the technical functions in Transmission, along with an appreciation of legal and regulatory obligations and project governance and engineering processes.
- An understanding of the legislation and implications for the Transmission network management for both Assets and Projects, including Construction Design Management & Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations.
- You must be a problem solver with the strength of character to ensure critical matters are addressed by the project teams.
- Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills, with the ability to demonstrate diligence and prioritise tasks.
- Hold a degree or HND in Electrical Engineering or relevant technical experience and ideally be a Chartered Engineer or working towards professional accreditation with a relevant institution.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on or 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.