MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: Up to £60,000 depending on experience
We are looking for a number of people, so this position can be full time/part time/term time working. What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more...
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Due to the nature of the role, this position is an onsite opportunity.The opportunity: Java Software Engineer (Mission Planning & Control - Bristol Onsite)
We are looking for experienced Java software engineers to join a dynamic team, delivering innovative solutions exploiting a wide portfolio of software technologies. We develop and support a wide variety of software products including front-end user interfaces, backend server and application level software across a broad range of our products.
Our Java software engineers are working on the current and next generation of mission planning and control software products delivering solutions for some of the most capable weapon systems in the world. We are committed to developing careers and skillsets by supporting our engineers' personal development whilst ensuring that a healthy work/life balance is maintained!What we're looking for from you:
- We are looking for you to have experience in desktop/server application level Java and some of the other listed areas. If you do not currently have these, please do not let this stop you from applying as they represent a great opportunity for growth and development.
- Desktop and Server application level Java using technologies such as JavaFX, non-SQL databases and web services on Linux or Windows secured operating systems.
- DevOps and Virtualisation
- Working in teams using agile and adaptive software development practices across the software development lifecycle from requirements to testing and integration and delivery.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.