About the Role
Base Location: Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Somerset or Wiltshire
Salary: £49,559 - £56,757 depending on skills and experience + car / car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
SSEN are looking to recruit Electrical Design Engineers for the Distribution ED2 price control where we will be investing in the upgrade of our network to meet net zero targets. As a Design Engineer you'll be responsible for day to day design functions in the central design team working on Large Capital Delivery Projects up to 132kV. Our projects include condition related replacement of existing assets, network reinforcement due to load growth and the installation of new substations to accommodate new customers. In this role you will be:
- Coordinating pre-construction surveys, stakeholder engagement and agreement of project scope, producing pre-tender documentation including works information packs, programmes and financial forecasting, and ensuring compliance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Producing Electrical Designs in collaboration with different design disciplines ensuring that projects can be executed safely and result in a network that can be safely and efficiently operated and maintained.
- Specification of plant through completion of order schedules for primary plant items, which will require an understanding of the plant items and their interaction.
- Checking and approving design deliverables according to Design Assurance requirements to ensure the most appropriate and cost-effective design solutions are selected to meet business and customer requirements.
- Ensuring SSEN design standards are applied and adhered to throughout tendering processes end events.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Competency in power system design and operation up to 132kV and a detailed understanding of the plant items and their interaction.
- Experience of working on large infrastructure projects.
- Experience of driving team performance and managing complex large projects in line with design governance and statutory requirements including CDM.
- A qualification (minimum of HNC level) in a relevant discipline or have demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- A full, current driving licence.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise on 01738 351698.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.