About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Perth, or Dublin
Salary: Competitive + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As the Head of Digital and Data, you will play a key role in shaping and delivering the digital and data vision and strategy for our Customer business. You will lead and inspire a team of IT professionals to innovate, build and deliver high-quality digital and data solutions that meet the needs and expectations of our customers, stakeholders, and business partners. You will also collaborate and engage with other IT functions, delivery teams and business units to ensure alignment, integration, and value creation across the organisation. You will be a champion of agile and DevOps practices, cloud technologies and data-driven decision making, and foster a culture of continuous improvement, lean, learning and collaboration within your team and beyond. You will also ensure that the digital and data systems are secure, resilient and compliant with the SSE Group policies and standards.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Build, facilitate and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships via engagement in governance forums and liaising with stakeholder management on DevOps methodologies and standards.
- Overall day to day responsibility of the teams, ensuring they are adopting and using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Contribute to the business and IT strategy, making sure that the wider business is aligned and that the strategy is realised through the use of both digital and data. Make sure that the wider team are up to date with the latest tools and techniques.
- Drive and encourage a culture of innovation.
- Contribute to the IT Leadership Team improving the capability and effectiveness of IT within the Business Unit. Working with the teams to ensure appropriate Headcount and resources are available to meet the development and operational needs of the business.
- Collaborate with Delivery Teams and Business Product Owners to ensure their programme outcomes are delivered to support their specific product roadmaps.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role with relevant Agile skills and previous leadership experience also. You will be able to manage a team and be able to provide focus for the DevOps teams, building strong capability within relevant areas.
- Experience of building and managing DevSecOps in an organisation comprised of multiple Scrum teams.
- You should have the ability to manage improvements and change in a complex environment and be able to adapt processes to optimise outcomes.
- You will have a very customer focused approach, be a team leader and collaborator and be able to think strategically and provide strategy and direction.
- You will have proven ability to innovate in either the data, digital or both areas.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kimberlee on / 01738 341523.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.