About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 and a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What do I need?
At Thermal IT, we believe in fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace where every individual's unique background and perspective are valued. We adopt an Agile way of working to deliver value to the Thermal business unit. As a Junior DevOps Engineer, you will be part of our OT Security value stream, following the Scrum framework. We are committed to creating a supportive environment where all team members can thrive.
As a Junior DevOps Engineer in the OT Security value stream, you will share responsibility for the development and operation of our infrastructure portfolio, which forms our product portfolio. Your primary duties will focus on the Hosting, Monitoring and Remote Access products, including Hyper-V, Fortinet, Sentinel and Beyond Trust as well as others. Your role will provide an excellent progression for someone within an infrastructure role or with an interest in OT Security.
Primary duties for the role include:
- Providing 2nd line support for OT Security's products including deploying and troubleshooting across our Generating and Storage assets.
- Assist with the development of new features across the OT Security portfolio.
- Investigate and implement improved technical techniques to adopt DevOps practices including automation, CI/CD pipelines and user adoption across internal and external stakeholders.
- Standardising and maintaining knowledge management articles.
- Following operational processes including incident and problem management, service continuity, vulnerability management and routine maintenance.
What we value:
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences. To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of supporting OT or IT Infrastructure components including server hardware, Hyper-V clusters, firewalls & switches, IIoT devices, Defender for IoT and Sentinel.
- Practical experience of supporting infrastructure within an Azure hosted environment.
- Demonstrable experience of following Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes, including incident, problem, and change management.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Server's environments and supporting services and roles (WDS, GPO, File services, WSUS, NPS etc.).
- Understanding of Networking principles, understanding of the OSI model and TCP/IP services: DNS, DHCP, NTP SMTP etc.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.