MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Software Engineer (Virtualisation & DevOps)Salary
: Circa £50,000 - £70,000
depending on experienceWhat we can offer:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to - circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking.
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. In this role 4 days per week in the office as a minimum is required due to the secure classification of the work requiring secure network access. The opportunity:
What we're looking for from you:
- We're a driven team with a passion for software and its successful deployment in battlespace weapon systems. We work on technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, delivering safe, secure, and reliable products to our customers.
- We are looking for a capable, adaptable and inquisitive Software Engineer with a history of deploying and building virtual and containerised systems, to join a small talented team to develop virtual systems for the next generation of advanced missile systems.
- We want someone who can work with us to develop the next generation of products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
- Working with cutting edge technologies across a range of land and maritime defence projects, developing solutions to implement virtual technologies to replicate and replace physical hardware, and develop for virtual-native future systems forms part of the role.
- Developing automation to allow the creation, deployment, tear-down, and monitoring of virtual machines is another key part of the role, whilst at the same time conducting research and development into how virtualisation and containerisation can be used in our current and future products.
- Working across multiple applications on numerous projects in the systems software department, this role allows for involvement in many of the most advanced missile systems in the world, across multiple domains.
- A passion for software engineering, be able to innovate, and think critically to solve complex software problems.
- A willingness to develop software skillsets either through on the job, or formal training.
- MBDA Software Engineering (SE) has an internal SE University, created and delivered by MBDA software engineers to effectively manage and share key knowledge and skills.
- Strong software engineering experience.
- Experience with Virtualisation & Containerisation technologies - VMware, Docker.
- Experience developing in Python.
- Experience with DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment and be familiar with build-processes and tools such as Jenkins and GitLab.
- A knowledge of networking, TCP/IP would be beneficial.
- Some experience working with Linux, scripting languages and Hypervisors.
- A desire to design, develop, implement and test modular and scalable code with considerations for safety, security and software development policies.
- Comfortable working with a team in a collaborative environment, communicating and contributing to design and implementation decisions, and supporting with integration.
- Ability to succinctly document working knowledge and processes via Wiki (Confluence).
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances