MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.Salary
: up to £55,000 depending on experience What we can offer you:
Hybrid working pattern
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
Are you looking for a pioneering company where you can work in world-class, specialist mechanical and climatic facilities? At MBDA you will be able to use ground-breaking analytical tools and powerful, innovative techniques for simulating environments across the weapons life cycle.
This team is integral within all land, sea and air-based weapon-system projects.
You will provide a technical focal point for all stages of the product lifecycle, through concept definition, design aid and formal qualification, and onto in-service support. Our expertise covers the areas of: requirements specification and management; definition of proving methodologies; project management; data analysis; simulation and modelling and testing in climatic, mechanical (vibration and shock) and fatigue.
We apply specialist technical knowledge and advice, with responsibility for technical accuracy and delivery of projects within assigned work packages. The role provides plenty of opportunity for ‘hands-on' engineering coupled with technical work based on fundamental engineering principles.What we're looking for from you:
Here's what's in it for you:
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience
- Experience of planning, managing and delivering small to medium sized work packages
- Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence sector or relevant industry
- Knowledge of vibration, shock, temperature and humidity environments, and their applicability to different products at different life cycle stages
- An understanding of environmental test processes, test measurements and instrumentation
- Someone with an analytical mind and excellent problem solving skills
- Someone who strives for solutions with an inquisitive nature
We have the ability to influence the design, manufacture and proving of our products whilst developing technical skills and gaining experience across MBDA UK's Portfolio. This role will offer the successful engineer the opportunity to engage with senior members of the business such as Project Heads and Chief Engineers in a position to influence technical decisions.
Personal and professional development is a big focus within our team as we seek to continue ground breaking work.Join a great team!
We are a highly skilled and motivated team, working with real weapon systems and maintaining a "hands on" engineering skill set.
Our team is highly collaborative, encouraging and friendly. We challenge each other to perform to the highest standard, consistently delivering results under high pressure and tight timeframes within a dynamic, engaging working environment.Our Business:
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information. Please Note
: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.